Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can i get my 7th gen to give voice feedback while running? like you have reached 1 mile at a 8 minute pace...

can i get my 7th gen to give voice feedback while running? like you have reached 1 mile at a 8 minute pace...

iPod nano (7th generation, Mid 2015), Other OS, version 1.1.1 PC

Posted on Feb 1, 2016 4:37 PM

2 replies

Feb 1, 2016 5:54 PM in response to Koolpops

On my 5th gen iPod nano, the Basic run is an open-ended run of any length. I start my run, and the nano tracks it until I end run. During the run, I can get (at any time) voice feedback, which includes current distance, time, and pace (also on the iPod's screen). When I end the run, I get a summary of total distance, time, average pace, and calories burned (by voice and on the screen). There is no announcement when I reach a particular distance, in this mode.

There are other modes, which I do not use. They are Time (do a run with specific total time goal), Distance (do a run with specific distance goal), and Calorie (do a run with specific calories burned goal). These modes are probably more useful if running on a treadmill or on a track. I usually run on a road course, so I don't want to stop my run at a particular time, distance, or calorie milestone.

Are you asking a general question, or a question about a problem you are having?

Feb 2, 2016 11:42 AM in response to Koolpops

As Kenichi was pointing out, there are several methods to get spoken voice feedback:

• When doing an open run (no goal specified), you get feedback when pressing the top button on the iPod or long-pressing the button on the remote
  • When doing a run with a specified goal (e.g. time or distance), your iPod will notify you with voice feedback after every mile (distance goal) or after every few minutes (time goal).

To switch on or off the voice feedback (and select male/female voice) option you can use the settings in the Fitness "app" on the iPod.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.