Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes not downloading

My computer recently crashed and I had to restore it and wiped out all of the software and apps I had. All of my files stayed. Now, i can't seem to download iTunes. First, when i try installing the message "An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft.VC80.CRT.type='win32',version='8.0.50727.6195',publicKeyToken='1fc8b 3b9a1e18e3b',processorArchitecture='amd64'. Please refer to Help and Support for more information. HRESULT: 0x80073715." comes up. I've tried cancelling the download and trying again and then i've pressed ignore and cotinue the download. Eventually, iTunes downloads, but then when I try running it, "Apple Application Support was not found. Apple Application Support is required to run iTunesHelper. Please uninstall iTunes, then install iTunes again. Error 2." pops up. I have seen similar messages on other peoples dicussions post, but none of the solutions offered to them have helped. I literally went through the whole discussion board and tried every process I saw. I went on other websites and tried following other steps and nothing seems to be working. I have no idea what to do at this point. Computer has been running windows 10 for some months now and haven't had any problems with iTunes until this happened.

Posted on Feb 1, 2016 6:22 PM

2 replies

Feb 3, 2016 6:24 AM in response to Notsoshadyslim

Hi Notsoshadyslim,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! I'm sorry to hear you are having these issues with iTunes on your Windows machine. If you continue to have issue installing or reinstalling iTunes, you may find the information and troubleshooting steps outlined in the following articles helpful (apologies if you have already seen these):

If you can't install or update iTunes for Windows - Apple Support

Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows 7 and later - Apple Support

Regards

Feb 6, 2016 6:28 PM in response to Notsoshadyslim

The message "An error occurred during installation of assembly 'Microsoft.VC80.CRT, type="win32", version="8.0.50727.6195", publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b", processorArchitrcture=..." may occur because a particular library file is not included in the distribution package supplied with iTunes or won't install for some unspecified reason. Installing the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package MFC Security Update before attempting to reinstall iTunes may help.

See Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates for further advice if required.

tt2

iTunes not downloading

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.