Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot turn off iCloud Library

Has anybody noticed if there has been changes to the iCloud library?

I recently cancelled Apple Music but I can still see all the songs in my library that I added before I cancelled. Of course I cannot play them (if I try to it gives me a dialog to join Apple Music). But I thought that the whole iCloud library would simply disappear after I cancelled. So in my iTunes I have both the songs I have purchased as well as the ones I added from Apple Music. Is this normal?

I went into Preferences to disable iCloud Library as shown on Apple's knowledge baseUser uploaded file

However I do not have that option in my iTunes (12.3.2.35). So I am not sure how to completely turn off iCloud Library.

Even on my Apple TV (4th gen) - the Music App still shows my iCloud library with the songs that I added. I have not yet checked my iPhone.

Anybody else been able to disable iCloud Library after cancelling Apple Music?

Cheers

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Feb 1, 2016 7:26 PM

5 replies

Feb 1, 2016 8:13 PM in response to streamworksaudio

The iCloud Music Library option is only visible if the Show Apple Music option is enabled. I suspect that you turned off Show Apple Music, which hid the iCloud Music Library option. Temporarily select Show Apple Music and you'll see what I mean.

Now, once you're able to turn off iCloud Music Library I don't know if your library will return to normal or not. But start with this and see if you can turn it off.

Feb 2, 2016 1:43 PM in response to rockmyplimsoul

Thanks, but that wasn't it - I tried that and still did not have the option. Same on the Windows machine as well.

What did work was to simple log out of iTunes App Store account and log back in. And the songs I added were no longer showing. I had to do the same thing on my iPhone and iPad. No biggie, just thought they would have thought of this for those that are cancelling. But perhaps it is there so that those that renew an Apple Music subscription all those songs are still there.

Cannot turn off iCloud Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.