Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to Install update there is error installing iOS 9.2.1 on my iPad 2

Unable to install update there is error installing iOS 9.2.1 in my iPad 2

Posted on Feb 1, 2016 8:49 PM

10 replies

Apr 7, 2017 1:44 PM in response to jefarnsworth

Hi jefarnsworth. I suggest you create a new question in this forum, for your specific problem. Identify your device model, the current iOS version, and the one you're trying to update to. Describe what you're doing and how it fails, including the specific text of any messages. You just tap on the tiny Post menu item at the top of this page to get started.

Feb 15, 2016 1:32 AM in response to jeffd55

Sorry, I seldom use ITunes, for update.

Normally through the device itself (mine 1st ipad already updated to ios9.2.1).

I just bought 2nd hand ipad with ios 6 from the dealer. And this ipad cannot update to ios9.2.1, indicating error and insufficient storage. I have tried reset all statistic and the storage is definitely sufficient.

When connect to Itune, it does not auto-detect, so I am lost. Maybe can guide me in steps how to update the ios ?

Thanks in advance.

Mar 9, 2016 8:49 AM in response to jeffd55

The help article gets an F-. I have an iPad 2 that shows 11.7GB available both on the iPad and when plugged into iTunes. Every time I attempt to install ios 9.2.1, which is already downloaded to the iPad, I get the error "Install Failed". It then goes in to another pop up that says storage almost full. When I click settings iCloud shows 5.0GB available and the iPad shows 11.2GB available. Tell me how there is not enough storage????

Mar 14, 2016 1:17 PM in response to govindafromdoncaster

OK gang, I fixed the problem 100%. This may or may not work for you. I connected my iPad2 to my MAC desktop and launched iTunes on my computer. The computer literally took over from there and all I had to do was click "continue" or "next" or "OK" or "whatever." Took about 10 minutes to download the new software. Looks like a new iPad now.

The thing I was worried about is that its my computer but my wife's iPad, but that didn't matter in the least. So just find a MAC with iTunes somewhere and you should be good to go. Hopes this helps!

Step by step is in this article..scroll down to the bottom...

Update the iOS software on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Rich

Unable to Install update there is error installing iOS 9.2.1 on my iPad 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.