Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stuck at saving windows support software.

Hi, im trying to install windows on my macbook pro (OS X El capitan 10.11.2). But when im installing the windows support software, it just gets stuck saving (i waited for about 30 minutes and my guess is it shouldnt take longer). I thought that maybe the software wasn't that important and that I could get it later if necessary, so i proceeded to the installation of windows. After a very short time the installation got cancelled, giving me an error message saying "your harddrive could not be partitioned".

Here's a screenshot of both of the stuck software and error message http://imgur.com/a/HOmYv. Im not sure if the second error happens because im not completing the first step, but the error message gives me no more information.

Hope somebody's got a solution, thanks in advance! a

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Feb 2, 2016 1:33 AM

7 replies

Feb 2, 2016 9:57 AM in response to Loner T

Thanks, that internet recovery disk repair-thingy made it possible to complete the partitioning. A new problem arised, in apples bootcamp instructions you're told to format the BOOTCAMP partition and install windows there. I can't see any partition called bootcamp, I tried restarting the computer and now Im not sure how to get back to the windows installation, I'm just getting back to my regular OSX. Any ideas?

Stuck at saving windows support software.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.