Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WiFi keeps disconnecting

I have had this problem for near enough a year and a half, where my internet only stays connected sometimes as little as a few seconds, and it will continue to disconnect every few seconds for hours.

I have tried to look into this a few times and have found many people with the same issue but have never found anything on why this is happening or how I could fix it. I have tried a few fixes like not allowing my internet to disconnect without a password and deleting my router information and recreating it under a different name; none of which has worked.

This seams to be a really old issue so there must be something known about it. Can anyone Help?

I am on a mid 2012 Macbook Pro with 16g RAM and fully updated.

Posted on Feb 2, 2016 3:56 AM

6 replies

Feb 2, 2016 10:56 AM in response to greg_mc

Please start up in Recovery mode. In the OS X Utilities screen, select Get Help Online. A clean copy of Safari will launch. No plugins, such as Flash, will be available. While in Recovery, you'll have no access to your saved bookmarks or passwords, so make a note of those before you begin, if they're needed for the test.

Test. After testing, restart as usual and post the results.

Feb 2, 2016 12:30 PM in response to Linc Davis

I'm assuming by 'Test' you mean just check if the internet disconnects while in recovery mode? Which I did, and it worked great. However, this was not a comprehensive test. The disconnecting issue comes and goes and is normally only a big problem at mid day, everyday (this is not consistent). So I'll have to give it a proper test over there next day or two when things get really bad and get back to you.

Thanks for helping me btw.

Feb 3, 2016 11:02 AM in response to greg_mc

You could try this:

How to Reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

I doubt that there will be any change. In that case, please see below.

Make a "Genius" appointment at an Apple Store, or go to another authorized service provider. You may have to leave the machine there for several days.

Back up all data on the internal drive(s) before you hand over your computer to anyone. There are ways to back up a computer that isn't fully functional—ask if you need guidance.

If privacy is a concern, erase the data partition(s) with the option to write zeros* (do this only if you have at least two complete, independent backups, and you know how to restore to an empty drive from any of them.) Don’t erase the recovery partition, if present.

Keeping your confidential data secure during hardware repair

Apple also recommends that you deauthorize a device in the iTunes Store before having it serviced.

*An SSD doesn't need to be zeroed.

WiFi keeps disconnecting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.