Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my macbookpro can't find the os x partition after patitioning the bootcamp through windows(disk manager) while boot i press option key only the windows come even the windows give unmountable_boot_volume

I have macbookpro i5 with mountain lion (10.8) i installed window 7 with help of bootcamp then i partition the bootcamp in to two partition through windows (disk manager) it works fine until i restarted it .when i started it boots from the window and give a blue screen message saying UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

i restarted it and press option key while booting only the windows partition come even no recovery partition . i try to boot from usb with ubuntu all the partitions are still there i can't access the data in the user (accounts) in the os x like the documents ,pictures ......it says u don't have previllage but both the windows partition i can access i try the recovery mode still nothing so what can i do

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)

Posted on Feb 2, 2016 5:05 AM

4 replies

Feb 2, 2016 8:46 AM in response to fquru

On your Mac model, there are two separate partitioning structures, a GPT and a Hybrid MBR, that are kept in sync by BC Assistant. when Windows is initially installed. If you manipulate the partitions using DU or Windows LDM, you break this.

Please post the output of the following OS X Terminal commands.

sudo fdisk /dev/disk0

sudo gpt -vv -r show /dev/disk0

Do not modify any partitions any more otherwise you will lose data, and your OS installations completely.

my macbookpro can't find the os x partition after patitioning the bootcamp through windows(disk manager) while boot i press option key only the windows come even the windows give unmountable_boot_volume

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.