Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail crashes / won't open IOS 9.2.1

i just installed 9.2.1 on my ipad 3 64gb. Despite the warnings here and in other places, I was desperate, as 8 ran so sluggishly the joy was gone. I have not been able to get mail to open. A white screen comes up when I try to open mail, then it crashes and takes me back to home page. i have tried resetting And a fresh install of 9.2.1.

Posted on Feb 2, 2016 4:26 AM

7 replies

Feb 3, 2016 9:45 AM in response to coffeediva

Hi there coffeediva,

I see that you are getting some issues with Mail on your iPad. You said that you have tried a fresh install of 9.2.1, does that mean you attempted to open Mail without any of your information on the iPad after a restore? If so, you may need to contact support for your issue:

https://getsupport.apple.com/GetproductgroupList.action.

If that is not the case, I’d like you to try turning off all but one of your accounts, successively, and attempting to open Mail. This should help you determine if one of your email account is causing this issue:

Mail settings - iPad User Guide

http://help.apple.com/ipad/9/#/iPadf9cceff1

If you find that one of your email accounts is causing this behavior, you may want to delete then re-add the account. Take care, and thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities.

Feb 4, 2016 8:21 AM in response to braden85

Tried all of these.

All other apps work okay, though sluggish, with IOS 9.

Is there any way to go back to IOS 7 on an Ipad 3?

It is incredibly irritating that Apple forces us into IOS upgrades but doesn't support the older hardware in order to (it appears to me) force us into upgrading our hardware.

If my Ipad3 doesn't work with IOS 9, and I would say not being able to use Email is cause enough for that statement, Apple should say so, instead of posting that Ipad3 is supported.
Can anyone speak to getting Mail to work on Ipad 3 after "downgrading" to IOS 9? I am running out of hope.

Feb 4, 2016 8:38 AM in response to coffeediva

My mail client works except for the inbox. I have 9,2,1 on iPad 2 (64G). All of the yahoo mailboxes are complete including Sent but the inbox remains empty . The scrolling icon for "Checking for mail" spins and spins but the note "Updated Just Now" shows up, but scrolling continues. I have installed both Yahoo and Gmail apps so I can easily access my mail, but the combined client is what I want and need. I have deleted and readded each account. I have turned the off and on in tandem, etc. Help.

Mail crashes / won't open IOS 9.2.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.