Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

printer not printing until i turn bonjour off then back on

I'm running OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 and I'm having the problem when I try to print that my printer icon says Printer not found and nothing prints. I have an Epson WF-3640 Series printer with all the updated software.

To make it print I log into the printer IP address and go to WiFi/Network Settings and then Services. At that point I hit Protocol and turn Use Bonjour off for a minute or two then turn it back on again. All the other settings are checked off. Everything prints fine after the settings take hold again.

I'd love to know how to stop doing this and my Mac find my printer without the process. Any advice ?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011), iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 2, 2016 5:43 AM

1 reply

Feb 3, 2016 10:52 AM in response to aaronfromcrozet

Hi aaronfromcrozet,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities! I'm sorry to hear you are having these issues with your Mac and your Epson printer. If you are having issues setting up your printer (or getting your configuration to stay set), you may find the information and troubleshooting steps outlined in the following articles helpful:

OS X Yosemite: Add or remove a printer

OS X Yosemite: Printing troubleshooting

OS X Yosemite: Reset the printing system

Regards

printer not printing until i turn bonjour off then back on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.