Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos not showing in shared album

I tried to share a number (about 1200) photos and videos into an album and only 293 went in. So, I split the photos and tried to share into another album and no photos are showing in the second album. The second album says sharing 476 items but it has been saying that for over 24 hours and still appears empty.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Barney

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Feb 2, 2016 6:20 AM

5 replies

Feb 2, 2016 7:52 AM in response to Clairebarn

It is not possible to share too many photos at once. There are are daily and hourly upload limits. If you exceed these limits you have to wait a bit, before you can upload again.

See this support document: iCloud: My Photo Stream and iCloud Photo Sharing limits

iCloud Photo Sharing limits

These are the iCloud Photo Sharing hourly and daily limits:

• Maximum combined number of photos and videos from all contributors per shared album, per hour: 1000
  • Maximum combined number of photos and videos from all contributors per shared album, per day: 10,000

These sharing limits are separate from the upload limits above. For example, in the same day you could upload 10,000 photos to My Photo Stream, then share those 10,000 photos or 10,000 other photos.Some additional limits for shared albums:

• Maximum shared albums an owner can share: 100
  • Maximum shared albums a user can subscribe to: 100
  • Maximum subscribers per shared album: 100 (the number of subscribers on each shared album)
  • Maximum combined number of photos and videos from all contributors in any one shared album: 5000
  • Maximum number of comments per photo or video in a shared album: 200 (a comment can be either a like or a text entry)
  • Maximum characters per comment: 200
  • Maximum number of invites a shared album owner may send per day: 200

Feb 2, 2016 10:05 AM in response to Clairebarn

WWhile photos is still busy with uploading the first 1200 photos you cannot share more. Wait, until the first lot has appeared. After you added photos to a shared album, it can take a very long time until the will appear. I have waited several hours on occasions.

I would not try to upload so many photos at once. if one photo cannot be processed, you wil not have any indication which of the photos is the problematic one. And you have no control over order of the photos. They will appear in random order, if you add them all at once.

Photos not showing in shared album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.