Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Slow interface on my 5k

I'm trying out the software on my 5k and when I click on a clip in timeline it's feel like a delay/freeze to update the options panels at right, which makes it annoying to edit properties on multiple clips. Some easy way to make it more responsive?

Final Cut Pro X

Posted on Feb 2, 2016 5:56 AM

4 replies

Feb 2, 2016 9:30 AM in response to CreativeCoder2

Could be a lot of things – the type of media, for example; third party software and insufficient free space are other possible causes.

Generally speaking, most users report better experiences with libraries and media stored on drives that are not their start-up disks. The media drive needs to be a fast drive (a RAID is desirable for multi-stream editing) and should have either a Thunderbolt or USB3 connection.

A 5K iMac should perform extremely well with the vast majority of kinds of FCP projects. If the media format is not unusual, if the system drive has at least 15% free space and you have the libraries stored on a good media drive, and you're still getting lagged response, change Quality to Better Performance (found in Viewer uppermost right hand drop-down). If you have any third party "cleaner", or performance-enhancing, or anti-virus software, try disabling that as well.

Good luck.

'Russ

Feb 4, 2016 7:27 AM in response to Russ H

The thing is that I'm very satisfied that it works more or less perfect to play through my 4k/hires clips. It was just when I click on a clip and have to wait for the right panel for some few seconds to appear before I can edit any values, and make it little bit annoying when I want to edit a property on multiple clips. It felt more likesluggish interface update, otherwise I'm impressed that I can move the player-marker anywhere and watch playback/preview in realtime. I can investigate further if it's any plugin that can cause this.

Slow interface on my 5k

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.