Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture 3.6 after the MacOS X 10.11.3 update?

What are your experiences after the last MacOS X upgrade? DId it fix any of the known problems with Aperture 3.6 or did it get worse?

I am still seeing upside down thumbnails in list view. And Aperture seems to be less responsive.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), OS X El Capitan (10.11.3), 2,8 GHz Intel Core i7, 1TB SSD

Posted on Feb 2, 2016 5:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2016 11:02 PM

Hello Leonie,

I see the drunken thumbnails in list view too. Maybe I am a bit confused too, but I think we had this problem before. Maybe with Aperture 1 or 2 but I could´t find anything on the web about it. The problem seems to be found in this console log entry: Aperture[496]: The class 'RKListView' overrides the method identifier. This method is implemented by class 'NSView'.

Don´t know what it means, but Aperture´s code seems to use an old method.

I found the UI of Aperture too a tiny bit more unresponsive. Going fullscreen feels totally different.

But this may be my old MAcBook Air. I still did not upgrade my work station to Capitan. But yes, when I use a tool for the first time on an image Aperture seems to take a short break for a half of a second. But when I use this tool again it works more fluently. It´s still much faster than Capture One and I am glad that Aperture still works. Its workflow is so close to they way I am working with images that I´ll stick with it as long as possible.

The best to you - you have put so many insight and life time in this forum Thanx a lot!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2016 11:02 PM in response to léonie

Hello Leonie,

I see the drunken thumbnails in list view too. Maybe I am a bit confused too, but I think we had this problem before. Maybe with Aperture 1 or 2 but I could´t find anything on the web about it. The problem seems to be found in this console log entry: Aperture[496]: The class 'RKListView' overrides the method identifier. This method is implemented by class 'NSView'.

Don´t know what it means, but Aperture´s code seems to use an old method.

I found the UI of Aperture too a tiny bit more unresponsive. Going fullscreen feels totally different.

But this may be my old MAcBook Air. I still did not upgrade my work station to Capitan. But yes, when I use a tool for the first time on an image Aperture seems to take a short break for a half of a second. But when I use this tool again it works more fluently. It´s still much faster than Capture One and I am glad that Aperture still works. Its workflow is so close to they way I am working with images that I´ll stick with it as long as possible.

The best to you - you have put so many insight and life time in this forum Thanx a lot!

Feb 2, 2016 11:46 PM in response to leicanerd

Thank you, leicanerd!

It is good to have the the confirmation that Aperture 3.6 is working on El Cap on more than just my Macs.

So far, I could test on a MacBook Pro 2011, a MacBook Pro retina 2015, an iMac 2015. On these platforms it is working as described above with a few glitches.

I am getting the same Console warning as you, when I am opening the list view:

03/02/16 08:44:09,306 Aperture[14642]: The class 'RKListView' overrides the method identifier. This method is implemented by class 'NSView'

And on launch plenty of warnings about a missing theme:

03/02/16 08:42:50,945 Aperture[14642]: ProThemeStore: No theme registered with id=1764

Aperture 3.6 after the MacOS X 10.11.3 update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.