Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

VGA Adapter and Green/Purple Color Distortion

For a few months, when I use the Apple VGA adapter, the color output on my MacBook Pro to the external monitor is so bad on PowerPoint that I can't use it. It's also bad on anything else on my computer, including just the home screen. It's OK with HDMI. Have there been issues with some VGA adapters? If so, what's the solution? My computer is from 2014. My colleague has a new MacBook Pro (2016) and hers works most of the time, but the VGA adapter has to be the one with the long tail!

MacBook Pro

Posted on Feb 2, 2016 7:56 AM

2 replies

Feb 3, 2016 7:06 PM in response to Courcoul

I'm really surprised that with your Level 6 knowledge that this is what you came up with. No Macs work on this projector setup, but they all did a few months back prior to one of the latest OS updates. And, we tried 5 different VGA cables! There was something in the El Capitan upgrade (I have 10.11.3) that is messing up the color being projected with the VGA cable (Apple product) but not the HDMI. Also, it may be something to do with passive vs. active cable. I don't know enough about this, but I do know that my laptop was working fine with our University projectors until one of the upgrades, and now none of our Macs work properly unless we use HDMI.

Are there others out there with this same problem? Please weigh in if so and maybe Apple will come up with a solution.

VGA Adapter and Green/Purple Color Distortion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.