Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcast app 2.3 is crashing constantly. How do I fix this?

I recently reset my iPod to new, and it automatically downloaded the new iOs 9.2.1, and everything is working fine but the Podcast app, which is also the new version. I load it, it freezes up, and then crashes back to the main screen. How do I fix this? I have an iPod touch 5th generation.

iPod touch (4th generation), iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 2, 2016 6:48 AM

5 replies

Feb 3, 2016 11:12 AM in response to Miniondave

Hello Miniondave,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that after restoring and updating your iPod, the Podcast app is quitting unexpectedly. To begin troubleshooting, I would suggest a couple of different steps.

First, close the Podcasts app completely using the instructions from the following article.

Force an app to close in iOS - Apple Support

After you quit Podcasts, the next step is restart you iPod.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

After the restart finishes, open Podcasts and test for the issue.

Cheers!

Feb 3, 2016 1:44 PM in response to Miniondave

Greetings Miniondave,

Thanks for replying with this information. Because the previous steps didn’t work, my next suggestion is to reinstall the iPhone Operating System. Reinstalling iOS will help us isolate the software as the issue.

Reinstalling iOS should not affect any of your data, but it is always a good idea to make sure you have a current backup of your device.

How to back up your devices using iCloud or iTunes - Apple Support

Once you are ready to reinstall the operating system, please follow the steps outlined below.

1. Connect your device to a computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, you can borrow one, or go to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider for help.
  2. While your device is connected, force it to restart. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. Don't release when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding until you see the Recovery mode screen.
    User uploaded file
  3. When you get the option to restore or update, choose Update. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS without erasing your data.
    User uploaded file

iTunes will download the software for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat steps 2 and 3 again.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond or won't turn on - Apple Support

Have a great day!

Feb 4, 2016 6:02 AM in response to Miniondave

Hi Miniondave,

Thank you for replying again with an update on the situation. At this point, because none of the previous steps have helped to resolve the situation, I suggest contacting Apple Support directly. Contacting AppleCare will allow us to dig into this situation further and provide you the best support possible.

Contact Apple Support - Apple Support

Best!

Podcast app 2.3 is crashing constantly. How do I fix this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.