Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an old apple blueberry laptop. Can I connect to wifi? I installed and airport card but it is not recognizing my network password when I enter it (I KNOW I am doing it right.)

I have an old G3 apple ibook blueberry running on OS 9.5. I have installed an airport card and have been trying to connect to my wifi, but it is not working

(yes, I have launched the Airport app).

Suggestions?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.5), creative suite cs4 + iphoto '09

Posted on Feb 2, 2016 8:25 AM

2 replies

Feb 2, 2016 10:26 AM in response to penart1

In addition to Bob's comments:

• The original AirPort Card only supports 802.11b Wi-Fi networks.
  • It can connect to Apple or non-Apple wireless access points.
  • It is capable of connecting with either WEP or WPA wireless security, but the latter requires OS X 10.3.3 or later.
  • Pre-OS X 10 AirPort-enabled computers can connect to non-Apple Wi-Fi networks, protected by WEP, but only if you do one of the following:
    • For hex keys, precede the key with a "$" sign. For example, if the key is: 0123456789ABCDEF0123456789, use $0123456789ABCDEF0123456789 Note: Using the dollar sign tells AirPort that you are sending the WEP key directly, and that it doesn't need to translate the password into it WEP equivalent.
    • For ASCII keys, enclose the key with double-quotation marks. For example, if the key is: ABCDE, use "ABCDE"

I have an old apple blueberry laptop. Can I connect to wifi? I installed and airport card but it is not recognizing my network password when I enter it (I KNOW I am doing it right.)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.