Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari- Collapse fully expanded folder tree when adding bookmark.

I (and many others) have been searching for a solution to this problem for months (some for years) now. Is anyone at Apple even listening?

Here's the problem:

When I go to "Add Bookmark", I get the fully expanded folder tree, which in my case has several hundred folders/subfolders. They are fully expanded, so I have to scroll thru several pages of subfolders to find a good place to store the bookmark. I know that I could "simplify my tree", but that is not a good solution for those of us that would like to have the choice. I, and others with the same problem, need to be able to have the "Add Bookmark" folder/subfolder tree COME UP COLLAPSED, so that we can choose the right overall folder, and THEN expand it, so that we can save the bookmark in the subfolder of our choice.

I am I posting this to the right place? Do any Apple developers even read this, or should I post elsewhere?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Feb 2, 2016 9:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 9:53 AM

Apple doesn’t routinely monitor the discussions. These are mostly user to user discussions.

Send Apple feedback. They won't answer, but at least will know there is a problem. If enough people send feedback, it may get the problem solved sooner.

Feedback

3 replies

Safari- Collapse fully expanded folder tree when adding bookmark.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.