Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

4SNS/1/40000000:TH00-9.000

kernel_task with 500% CPU. Fan is full speed once I switch on my imac27. The air is always cold as my iMac .

it happened after I changed my Lcd screen. (I tried to save some money 😟)

did I put some dust somewhere, did I broke a temperature cell, broke my graphic card, mother card??

I tried many, many, many tests and solutions I checked on Internet ( nvram, Smc, removed some files plist) without any results .

"hardware Apple test" show me this messsage error: 4sns......

thanks for your help For a solution cheaper than an official Apple repairing

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), iOS 9.2

Posted on Feb 2, 2016 11:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2016 11:18 AM

It is a sensor for the Hard Disk Drive. Please make an appointment at the Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar and take it in for service. If you are not in the USA or cannot set up an appointment this way, then contact your local Apple Store directly.

You cannot repair this problem. I believe this is the HDD's temperature sensor.

7 replies

Feb 2, 2016 11:25 AM in response to Cyrem

if you are running ANY anti-virus uninstall it as the developer describes on their web page,

if you are running any Mac Keeper, Cleaner, etc, uninstall it, Any 3rd party network tools uninstall them now.

These applications do nothing but cause problems.

If your computer is in direct sunlight, remove it.

if your computer is near a space heater, remove the space heater.

if your computer is near pets remove the pets and spray compressed air in the vents and be careful not to damage the computer.

Feb 4, 2016 10:58 AM in response to Kappy

Thanks a lot for your reply.

i didn't tell everything's : in fact my hdd "died" 2wks ago, and changed it with a similar but not the same brand.

( I changed it by myself but I didn't remove correctly the screen and it felt and I broke it ...murphy's law!!!).

so if my problem is from the hdd temperature 's cell then that s logical .

i Checked on Internet and it exists some solution to fix it or erase this temperature cell . I will have no security later on my hdd but I could be possible to use my Mac as before...

what do you think about it?

thnaks for a bad French Apple repairer 😉 and "pardon my French"

4SNS/1/40000000:TH00-9.000

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.