Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 9.2.1 iPhone 6 Erratic Battery

For the last 2 months I have noticed that the battery on my iPhone 6 is very erratic. This morning I woke up to it showing 2% (57% when I went to bed), I plugged it in and it immediately showed 48%. I have restored phone completely and this issue is still occurring.

iOS 6

Posted on Feb 2, 2016 10:56 AM

7 replies

Feb 3, 2016 2:05 PM in response to MissCaro

Howdy MissCaro,

I understand that your iPhone's battery indicator appears to not be updating correctly. Fortunately the article linked below details what to do in this situation, and should help return functionality to your iPhone's battery indicator.

If your iPhone 6s or iPhone 6s Plus battery percentage doesn‘t update
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205727

Regards!

Feb 3, 2016 7:03 PM in response to MissCaro

Using the battery level meter in this manner is comparable to using your car's fuel gauge to calculate miles per gallon. The only thing that matters is the total amount of operating time from full charge to auto-shutdown.

Use the wall-mount charger that came with the iPhone and charge overnight. Do NOT use a computer's USB port. Then, operate it normally until auto shut-down (ignore any low level alerts that may appear). An irony is that doing that test to determine the total operating time is also the procedure necessary to calibrate the battery level meter.

I'm not claiming that you do not have a problem. I am stating, however, that we don't yet know. If the above test does, in fact, indicate a problem, read this.

Also, according to Apple:

Use Your Device Regularly

For proper reporting of the battery’s state of charge, be sure to go through at least one charge cycle per month (charging the battery to 100% and then completely running it down).

Elsewhere, Apple elaborates and explains that two half-discharges (or four quarter-discharges, etc.) equals one full discharge.

Feb 9, 2016 10:12 AM in response to Philly_Phan

Hi Philly_Phan,

Thanks for the comparisons and resources, I did calibrate the battery, and have yet to see any positive changes. I was also contacted by Apple to get support. I followed all their steps, and again kept having trouble they are "aware" of these glitches from the latest update yet would like me to pay to have a new battery put in on my dime. I guess sticking it out and carrying a back up battery is the best solution until they either fix their glitches (which to me seemed to have caused the problem in the first place) or I spend more money to fix it.

IOS 9.2.1 iPhone 6 Erratic Battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.