Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I change Country/Region when I still have store credit balance?

There is an existing discussion on this topic, but it is locked for some reason. How can I change Country/Region when I still have store credit balance?

My situation was that I wanted to look at an app that is not available in my country. The App Store helpfully(?) asked if I wanted to change my country (US) so I could see it. Great!

When I tried to change it back it (App Store->Featured->Apple ID->View Apple ID->Country/Region it said, "You have a store credit balance; you must spend your balance before you can change stores." My balance is like a hundred bucks. WTH?

The trick is to do the same process with a US-only app. The Pizza Hut app was a convenient option.

iPhone 6, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 2, 2016 11:57 AM

3 replies

Feb 5, 2016 8:12 AM in response to King_Penguin

I mean, it said it changed the country and would only show me UK stuff. I guess there's changing your iTunes Store country and changing the iTunes Store country that you're viewing? Is there a way in the UI to change the one that you're viewing back to your home country? I sure couldn't find one, or any reference to one on the Internet.

How can I change Country/Region when I still have store credit balance?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.