Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won't Garage Band 10.1.0 "share" as mp3 with iTunes regardless of import settings?

Why won't Garage Band 10.1.0 "share" as mp3 with iTunes regardless of import settings? iTunes is set to import as mp3 yet every Garage Band import since updating last week comes in as AAC and then has to be converted to mp3.

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), Garage Band 10.1.0 updated 1.28.16

Posted on Feb 2, 2016 1:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 6:00 PM

Use "Share > Song to disk" in GarageBand and then select the "MP3" button. Then import the exported MP3 to iTunes.

3 replies

Feb 5, 2016 6:06 PM in response to léonie

Thanks for this help. At least I know I can go this way.

But - I used to be able to just share to iTunes and my iTunes import settings would determine the format of the imported song - now it seems that I have multiple steps - either converting first in Garage Band and manually exporting or importing to iTunes as AAC and then converting.

Is there a way to share to iTunes that allows my iTunes import settings to control the file type?

Feb 5, 2016 9:52 PM in response to Doug from Elida

Is there a way to share to iTunes that allows my iTunes import settings to control the file type?

I doubt it. The iTunes Import setting is in the section if the iTunes Preferences, that is specific for importing from a CD, and there it is working. It does only apply when importing from CD. I tested again. When I import a song from the Desktop, it also not be converted as described in the CD Import settings.

Why won't Garage Band 10.1.0 "share" as mp3 with iTunes regardless of import settings?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.