Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Re:QT Pro: Export to h264 with ALL key frames- What uses might there be for this?

Thought I would post one answer to this discussion question. The original discussion was locked, so I decided to create a new post. Current versions of ProTools will not play nice with H.264's unless you add ALL key frames. ProTools needs to be able to check in at every frame or things get screwy with sync issues and playback real quick.

So never send a sound engineer an H.264 with out checking that option!

There ya go!

QT Pro: Export to h264 with ALL key frames

This discussion is locked

2488 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: May 11, 2010 7:54 AM by snohomishdavid

User uploaded file User uploaded file Level 1 (0 points)

snohomishdavid May 10, 2010 11:48 AM

I was looking into the H264 key frame options and finally noticed the option to encode everything as a key frame. This seems contrary to how h264 works.

What uses might that be for?
Is that an intermediate format used for editing?
What is the base compression in a h264 key frame? Is it jpeg or something more advanced?
Is this better than photoJPEG?

macpro, Mac OS X (10.6.3), x

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)

Posted on Feb 2, 2016 2:47 PM

There are no replies.

Re:QT Pro: Export to h264 with ALL key frames- What uses might there be for this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.