Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Filming, Filmic Pro app

Hi,

I'm using an iPhone 6, an anamorphic lens and the Filmic Pro app for short film shoots. Mostly it looks fantastic but having a few issues and not finding any solutions. Looking for others doing the same and hoping to share information.

I was getting a thin green line on the right side of frame when shooting in 720p - that seemed to be the common denominator. It did not happen when shooting in 1080p. And it didn't happen when shooting in different aspect ratios. So my solution was to delete Filmic Pro app and then re-install in hopes this would go away. Well, it created another issue. I lost the matte when shooting in 16:9 aspect ratio. Am I supposed to have a matte when shooting in 16:9? Before I re-installed, it would crop the frame with the red lines and matte the 16:9 footage. But now, there is no matte and I'm not sure it's actually shooting in 16:9 anymore.

I wrote Filmic Pro but haven't heard back. Does anyone know how I can check my quicktime files to see if it's shot in 16:9? And whether or not the Filmic Pro app is supposed to show me that little red crop box and give me the matte?

I've also had a few other issues, but this is the most pressing!

Thank you!

iPhone 6, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 2, 2016 5:17 PM

There are no replies.

iPhone Filming, Filmic Pro app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.