Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

safari reloads same webpage continuously

Safari reloads the same webpage continuously in the toolbar of my IOS El Capitan, covering the page I am trying to work on. This is the address that comes up (https://az815563.vo.msecnd.net/olc/en-us/10528-t01-v01.html?cid=1521517023011391 235&loc=en-us) It shows 2 options: 1) "No thanks" which is not functional. and 2) Send me a link. One's mobile phone number is required. I finally entered that, in order to get this off my computer. It took me to the iTunes Store where the Outlook Mobile app is offered. I even downloaded that. Still this webpage continues to reload over whatever I am working on. I can't close it. downloading the app didn't work either.

Posted on Feb 2, 2016 4:13 PM

14 replies

Feb 7, 2016 6:20 AM in response to MaryBBB

Safari/Preferences/Advanced - enable the Develop menu, then go there and Empty Caches. Quit/reopen Safari and test. Then try Safari/History/Show History and delete all history items. Quit/reopen Safari and test. You can also try try Safari/Clear History…. The down side is it clears all cookies.Doing this may cause some sites to no longer recognize your computer as one that has visited the web site. Go to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J. When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder. Select Library./Caches/com.apple.Safari/Caches.db and move it to the trash.

Go to Safari Preferences/Extensions and turn all extensions off. Test. If okay, turn the extensions on one by one until you figure out what extension is causing the problem.

Safari Corruption See post by Linc Davis

Feb 7, 2016 1:29 PM in response to Eric Root

I have tried all of the above, and the problems persists. Sometimes, the page/address reappears in history and on Safari before I even get out of Delete history. Safari automatically opens after I have quite, with the same web page. When I used the last suggestion, deleting Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari/Caches.db, two other items were left undeleted. Cache.db-hm and Cache.db-al. Should I delete those as well? Before I could exit, the deleted Cache.db reappeared in the Library/Caches....site.

Feb 8, 2016 12:46 PM in response to MaryBBB

You asked if I had tried the Safari corruption link. Yes. I can't even get through the first of the last 3 steps, the one where I got to Library to delete the long list from Caches. Safari continues to open as I am in the Library, although I have used Force Quit. I cannot put items in the trash--Error -43 pops up. I have tried signing in on Guest. Safari is fine there. It is only when I return to my own account on this computer, or my husband signs into his Mac. Safari has the same reloading ad page on both. Not responsive to any of the actions suggested here.

safari reloads same webpage continuously

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.