Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Retail Store Checkout (Not Apple Pay)

Hello,

I have a general question. My credit card was fraudulently used @ Apple retail stores a few times. Consequently, the card is an Apple Rewards card through Barclay's Bank. My fraud claim was denied based upon an email address that Apple was able to provide to the fraud investigator. It seems now I am on the hook for about $6500.00

I've shopped at Apple before, and I've used this credit card in the past @ Apple. How is it that the person who used my card was able to get ahold of my email address too?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

Anthony

Posted on Feb 2, 2016 6:29 PM

2 replies

Feb 3, 2016 3:36 AM in response to hax8220

As far as I can imagine, the only people with access to your email address would be Barclaycard, Apple and any family members or friends with access to your records. You may be able to narrow this down if you have more than one email address but otherwise ?. What I do not understand is why an Apple retail store would need to know an email address if the 'shopper' was shopping in person (which is how I read your post).

As far as I know, Apple themselves will only give such details in response to a formal and official request.

Feb 3, 2016 4:40 AM in response to seventy one

What I do not understand is why an Apple retail store would need to know an email address if the 'shopper' was shopping in person (which is how I read your post).

When I have shopped at the Apple Store I have given my email address so the receipt can be sent electronically.

Anthony, if someone has been able to obtain your card, or a clone of it, then they may well have access to other information about your identity. Identity theft is a complex issue. I suspect you need to be talking to the police and your financial institutions rather than discussing the matter here.

tt2

Retail Store Checkout (Not Apple Pay)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.