Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't iTunes access the iTunes Store on my Mac running 10.8?

My Mac is running System 10.8.5. iTunes is version 12.2.0.145. iTunes will not connect to the iTunes Store. Says I need an internet connection which of course I have and is running. I also cannot connect to the App Store. I've tried everything on the Apple sheet for "Cannot connect to the App Store." including:

Incorrect Date and Time settings (they are correct)

Missing Serial Number (it's there)

Invalid or incorrect Network Preferences (everything seems fine)

Invalid or incorrect Certificates (did these steps twice but no go)

Edit your Keychain (no blue &pluses)

Help please!

iMac (24-inch Early 2008), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Feb 2, 2016 6:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2016 10:03 AM

Hi Jawman,

First, confirm that you have tried all of the troubleshooting steps in the If you can’t connect to the iTunes Store resource.

If the issue persists, here are a few more things to try:

• Update iTunes to the latest version. iTunes 12.3.2 is compatible with OS X 10.8.5.
  • If you have Automatic Updates enabled in iTunes, turn that feature off temporarily and check to see if you have any incomplete downloads.

Get help using Automatic Downloads for purchased Apps, Music, and Books

Resume interrupted iTunes Store downloads

Check the payment details for the Apple ID that you use for iTunes Store purchases. When doing this, you may need to re-enter your credit card expiration date and the CVV code. Make sure the billing address matches what is on your bank statement. Then click Done to save the changes.

Manage your Apple ID account information

Your Apple ID is the account you use to access all Apple services including the App Store, Apple Music, iCloud, iMessage, FaceTime, and more. You can keep all your Apple ID account information up to date from the Apple ID account page, such as your user name, security information, name, birthday, devices, and more.

Update your payment information

You can change your payment information for your Apple ID on your device or through iTunes. This payment information is the same as what you use to buy apps, music, and iCloud storage.

To change your payment information on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, follow these steps:

1. Go to Settings > iCloud.
  2. Tap your Apple ID. If asked, enter your Apple ID password.
  3. Tap Payment.
  4. Update your payment information and tap Next.

To change your payment information on your Mac or PC, follow these steps:

1. Sign in to your Apple ID account page.
  2. Below Payment, click Add a Card or click Edit.
  3. Update your payment information and tap Save.

You can also change your payment information in iTunes on your Mac or PC. Get help if you want to change your payment information to None and don't see the option or can't select it.

Take care,

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 4, 2016 10:03 AM in response to Jawman

Hi Jawman,

First, confirm that you have tried all of the troubleshooting steps in the If you can’t connect to the iTunes Store resource.

If the issue persists, here are a few more things to try:

• Update iTunes to the latest version. iTunes 12.3.2 is compatible with OS X 10.8.5.
  • If you have Automatic Updates enabled in iTunes, turn that feature off temporarily and check to see if you have any incomplete downloads.

Get help using Automatic Downloads for purchased Apps, Music, and Books

Resume interrupted iTunes Store downloads

Check the payment details for the Apple ID that you use for iTunes Store purchases. When doing this, you may need to re-enter your credit card expiration date and the CVV code. Make sure the billing address matches what is on your bank statement. Then click Done to save the changes.

Manage your Apple ID account information

Your Apple ID is the account you use to access all Apple services including the App Store, Apple Music, iCloud, iMessage, FaceTime, and more. You can keep all your Apple ID account information up to date from the Apple ID account page, such as your user name, security information, name, birthday, devices, and more.

Update your payment information

You can change your payment information for your Apple ID on your device or through iTunes. This payment information is the same as what you use to buy apps, music, and iCloud storage.

To change your payment information on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, follow these steps:

1. Go to Settings > iCloud.
  2. Tap your Apple ID. If asked, enter your Apple ID password.
  3. Tap Payment.
  4. Update your payment information and tap Next.

To change your payment information on your Mac or PC, follow these steps:

1. Sign in to your Apple ID account page.
  2. Below Payment, click Add a Card or click Edit.
  3. Update your payment information and tap Save.

You can also change your payment information in iTunes on your Mac or PC. Get help if you want to change your payment information to None and don't see the option or can't select it.

Take care,

Why can't iTunes access the iTunes Store on my Mac running 10.8?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.