Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi, i cant turn off find my phone because i cant power on my phone and cant find where to on my tablet on the apple site , also signed in properly.

I have an appointment with Apple at a store but need to shut off '' Find my phone even though I didn't set up any passwords .

iPhone 5s, iOS 9

Posted on Feb 2, 2016 6:24 PM

1 reply

Feb 4, 2016 6:15 AM in response to kkromer3785

Hello kkromer3785,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

I see you're unable to power off your iPhone in order to turn off Find My iPhone, then you will need to go on to iCloud.com on a computer and turn it off. Directions for this process is outlined below:

Remove an iOS device or Mac on which you can’t turn off Find My iPhone

If you can’t turn off Find My iPhone on the device, turn off the device so it goes offline, then remove it from Find My iPhone on iCloud.com.

Note: You can also remove your iOS device by first erasing it—just follow the instructions below for removing an iOS device you don’t have. You can later restore the device from an iCloud or iTunes backup.

1. Turn off the device you want to remove.

2. Go to Find My iPhone on iCloud.com on another computer.

If you’re using another iCloud app, click the app’s name at the top of the iCloud.com window, then click Find My iPhone.

If you don’t see Find My iPhone on iCloud.com, your account just has access to iCloud web-only features. To gain access to other iCloud features, set up iCloud on your iOS device or Mac.

3. Click All Devices, select the offline device, then click Remove from Account. If you don’t see Remove from Account, click All Devices again, then click the Delete button User uploaded file next to the device.

If the device comes online again, it reappears in Find My iPhone. If your device reappears, turn off Find My iPhone on the device (follow the instructions above for removing a device by turning off Find My iPhone), or if it’s an iOS device and you no longer have it, follow the instructions below for removing an iOS device you no longer have.

iCloud: Remove your device from Find My iPhone

Cheers.

Hi, i cant turn off find my phone because i cant power on my phone and cant find where to on my tablet on the apple site , also signed in properly.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.