Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Display sleep on Macbook Pro 2015

The display on my 2015 MBP will not go to sleep according to the settings in the energy saver preference panel. It will go to sleep manually, i.e., when I set one of the corners. Not a big problem but slightly irritating; any ideas?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Feb 2, 2016 6:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2016 6:21 AM

Hi James,

I understand that, despite having set a delay for your Mac's display to sleep, the display isn't sleeping unless you use a hot corner to activate this function. Fortunately the article linked below details a number of troubleshooting steps that can help get your Mac to put its display to sleep as you set it to.

If your Mac doesn‘t sleep or wake when expected
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204760

Regards!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 4, 2016 6:21 AM in response to James Wilson7

Hi James,

I understand that, despite having set a delay for your Mac's display to sleep, the display isn't sleeping unless you use a hot corner to activate this function. Fortunately the article linked below details a number of troubleshooting steps that can help get your Mac to put its display to sleep as you set it to.

If your Mac doesn‘t sleep or wake when expected
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204760

Regards!

Feb 4, 2016 6:30 AM in response to James Wilson7

Hi James,

in addition to Allen's post and because you pointed out in your topic line, that especially your display won't sleep:

We were wondering about the same issue when we use a special application for remote control of other systems. In our case, that's TeamViewer. As long as we've at least one remote session open, the Mac's display will not sleep, even if the TeamViewer window with that session is in the background.

One reason for this is the network activity (see Allen's link).

So check whether the behaviour of your MacBook depends on a specific application you use (no sleep when it's running, sleep when not).

Regards, Lars

Display sleep on Macbook Pro 2015

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.