Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto Books - Where are they kept?

Does anyone know if a file is created when a photo book is created as a project in iPhoto? My library was corrupted so I need to find the master file for the project if one exists.

Posted on Feb 2, 2016 8:05 PM

4 replies

Feb 3, 2016 10:23 AM in response to grich

With the amount of information you've provided it's impossible to offer a solution. We can't see your computer so we need to know the details of your problem and setup, i.e.:

• what system are you running?
  • what version of iPhoto are you running?
  • what happens when you try to open your library?
  • what fixes have you tried?
  • where is your library located?
  • did you apply any updates or upgrades just prior to the problem occurring?
  • are you running a "managed" or "referenced" library?

User uploaded file

• what type of Mac?
  • how much free space on your boot drive?

User uploaded file

Feb 3, 2016 7:26 PM in response to Old Toad

Thanks for the reply...

Currently running 10.10.5 on an iMac 27in late 2012

iPhoto had crashed a year ago (Snow Leopard but don't know the iPhoto version when the hard drive went)

I have been through heck and back getting my photos back, loading them onto my wife's machine (iMac 21.5" Late 2013 running 10.8.5 w iPhoto 9.4.3; Managed Library), rebuilding the library (actually creating a new library) using iPhoto Library Manager, then moving that library to my machine in Photos 1.0.1. I have all but a few corrupted photos in their rightful place. What I don't have are the photo books my wife had put together over the last several years. Those have seemed to have disappeared completely.

Apologies for the vagueness of the original question. Hoping this helps clarify. Essentially, its about restoring those projects if at all possible. I have the recovered files from the original crash and access to a legacy iPhoto instance, as well as Photos on the two machines, respectively. Hoping I have what I need to put the pieces together on these books.

iPhoto Books - Where are they kept?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.