Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't sync from desktop outlook 2013 to iphone 6s

After a couple months of successful syncing of my desktop Windows 10 outlook 2013 contacts and calendar, via itunes, to my iphone 6S (e.g., getting my data from my desktop to appear on my phone), my latest sync was unsuccessful. Worse, it removed all the contacts I had synced before, although the old calendar entries are still there. Have spent hours with both apple and microsoft tech support. All solutions proposed have not worked. Lots of finger pointing. Help! anyone have a real solution? Last time it worked was around January 15th.

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 2, 2016 7:43 PM

3 replies

Sep 12, 2017 2:08 PM in response to alicefromwestport

I have synched Outlook 2013 with all of my iPhones (4, 5S, 6S) for 4 years.

I agreed to an upgrade on my Windows 10 laptop a month ago, and it was massive--took several hours to complete.

I periodically update my iPhone 6S (at Apple request). Latest is 10.3.3 Now nothing will sync using the iTunes method.

I've tried several remedies from the web; restarted many times; tried via iCloud, but have NOT gotten back to the simple sync function (contacts & calendar). Seems like Microsoft and Apple will not collaborate on a fix. Most of the solutions from well-meaning, smarter-than-me folks are too complicated to deal with; so I will evidently have to limp along with an inability to sync laptop to iPhone.

Feb 10, 2016 6:58 AM in response to alicefromwestport

I have finally found a workaround to allow syncing of Outlook 2013 contacts and calendar to iphone 6S. Neither apple nor microsoft were able to provide this answer. There is a third party program, Copytrans Contact, which worked for me. This allowed me to avoid putting my contacts in the cloud. You install the program, connect your iphone to your desktop by USB, and select 'Import' and it gives you the option to import direct from outlook. It is a little clunky to use, the first time, (but no more so than itunes was, back when its sync was working) -- be sure to reboot after you install it, and have your Outlook program closed, and be on the lookout for a little screen that pops up after you click Import/direct from outlook, that you need to click to give the program permission to access your contacts. The little screen 'hid' underneath the control panel, so you might miss it. It also took about 15 minutes to complete the first contact sync -- I thought the program had hung up, because the wheel was spinning and nothing appeared to be happening, but my files are huge. The good news is, at last, it's all there, even the notes I had for each contact. btw, I didn't bother with the free version as it only gives you 50 contacts, and the full version was only $19.

Can't sync from desktop outlook 2013 to iphone 6s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.