Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

continuous lost privacy settings for apps

Hi,

I'm an long time iphone user. Actually I've a iphone 6s with last iOS update.

My issue is that every month my iOS lost some privacy setting for some apps. Mostly it ask me to give (again) access to multimedia (microphone, camera, camera roll) for everyday used apps (for example instagram and whatsapp).

Some ather apps lose ather privacy access (to gps, calendar, etc).

This issue become a big problem when I recive a call by skype (that ask me access to microphone while ringing and the call is lost), or when the access for calendar disappear and the system don't ask me nothing (like for androidwear app: I must reinstall the app, and all data app and assotiation devices was lost).

Someone have the same issue?

What is the reason?

Thanks

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 2, 2016 11:44 PM

6 replies

Feb 17, 2017 6:14 AM in response to danardi

Hi danardi,

For the last two days I have been experiancing the same problem, only on my phone it is even worse: my privacy settings are completely gone and I can't even turn them back on agian. So suddenly my calender is empty, My contacts are missing in the call app, no more camera access in al kinds of apps, and so on.....

I'm going to visit the Apple store tommorow to see if they got an awser to this problem, I will keep you updated.

Greetings,

Arjan-050

Feb 18, 2017 11:10 PM in response to danardi

HI,

Ive just come across the same issue but with my iPad. It keeps asking me to approve apps but then sends me to adjust in the privacy screen but nothing is showing there.

Also all of my contacts have gone and my calanders.

I am running the latest Beta though so was wondering if that had anything to do with it, although my iPhone seems fine.

Feb 4, 2016 10:07 AM in response to danardi

Hey danardi,

I understand that you are seeing some pop-ups asking you for permission to access parts of your phone when using certain apps. You can control these settings in the following area on your iPhone:

Privacy - iPhone

http://help.apple.com/iphone/9/#/iph3dd5f9be

If these settings are not holding, maybe you could provide more information about the issue and when you notice that the setting changes?

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

Feb 4, 2016 1:06 PM in response to braden85

Yes, you have understand. But the issue is that after each app have the agree to use what it want (camera roll, camera, microphone, gps...) something happen, and all privacy access are resetted.

why???

at this point some privacy access are popped up for a new access request, some other (like access to calendar) are nevere re-asked until the app was uninstalled and reinstalled.

why?

continuous lost privacy settings for apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.