Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

conecting to new computer

How do I connect an Ipod to a new computer. I am selling my nano to friend.

iPod nano, Windows 10

Posted on Feb 3, 2016 12:31 AM

3 replies

Feb 3, 2016 10:11 PM in response to Kenichi Watanabe

We have done this and it doesn't work. It is an Ipod I have given to a friend and he is trying to now connect it to his computer and doesn't work. Have looked up online and it says to go to the store menu and connect ...........no go. I recall a few years ago I connected to another compter and it wiped everything on ipod. Then I couldn't connect to my PC had to go to apple store to get info on how to fix but cant remember what I did.

Feb 3, 2016 10:30 PM in response to janinefromglenorchy

There is no command in iTunes menu bar under Store for connecting an iPod. The iPod should connect automatically to iTunes. A device button for the iPod appears on the horizontal bar in iTunes window.

You'll need to describe "and it doesn't work" in more detail... Does that mean it connects to computer, but does not appear in iTunes? Or that it appears in iTunes, but you can't get it to sync songs? Or that it does not connect in any way to the computer?

Watch the iPod screen when you connect it? Does it say "Do not disconnect" or "Connected" or give some other indication that it is connecting? Or does it just show the battery charging symbol? Or does it not react at all to being connected?

conecting to new computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.