Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old vocal presets?

So to start this off, I should say my working knowledge of garageband is fairly limited. But, that being said, I do use it often to record vocals. I recently purchased a new mac, and with it came the new version of garageband. Now, on my old machine, I had a much, much older version installed that had great vocal presets like "epic diva," "female rock," etc. I can't seem to find these anywhere on my new version. Did they completely do away with these, or can I just not find them? I've tried restoring my sound library and downloading more sounds but that doesn't seem to do anything. If they are gone, can I get them back? Thanks for the help!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), Garageband 10.1.0

Posted on Feb 3, 2016 1:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2016 2:54 AM

To get "Epic Diva" and others install your old Garageband version as well.

GarageBand 10 can use the sounds installed by older GarageBand versions.

The sounds installed by an older GrageBand will show in the Legacy Section of the library:

User uploaded file

I had a much, much older version installed

How much older? Do you still have the installer CDs? Or the older Mac?

If your GarageBand version has been GarageBand 6.0.5 from the AppStore, you can install it from the Purchases tab at the App Store.

For an older version try to copy the Instrument Library and the Loops as well from your old Mac:

Copy everything from the folder /Library/Application Support/GarageBand/ to your Laptop, and also the loops in /Library/Audio/Apple Loops/

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2016 2:54 AM in response to rachelmeyers

To get "Epic Diva" and others install your old Garageband version as well.

GarageBand 10 can use the sounds installed by older GarageBand versions.

The sounds installed by an older GrageBand will show in the Legacy Section of the library:

User uploaded file

I had a much, much older version installed

How much older? Do you still have the installer CDs? Or the older Mac?

If your GarageBand version has been GarageBand 6.0.5 from the AppStore, you can install it from the Purchases tab at the App Store.

For an older version try to copy the Instrument Library and the Loops as well from your old Mac:

Copy everything from the folder /Library/Application Support/GarageBand/ to your Laptop, and also the loops in /Library/Audio/Apple Loops/

Feb 5, 2016 1:11 AM in response to rachelmeyers

And what steps should I take from there? Sadly, I have no disks since it came preinstalled on my old machine.

Any Mac delivered with MacOS X 10.6.x or older came with installer DVDs, even if the software what been preinstalled. Only since the introduction of the AppStore with MacOS X Lion are the installer DVDs missing. GarageBand should be on the second DVD.

Open the folder Library at the top level of your system drive on the old Mac. Then open "Application Support", then GarageBand.

Now compare the items to the same folders on your new Macs.

Copy all missing items from the subfolders to exactly the sam folders on the new Mac.

Your Epic Diva should be here: /Library/Application Support/GarageBand/Instrument Library/Track Settings/Real/Vocals/

Old vocal presets?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.