Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sending pop3 emails from my Ipad Air 2

When away from home I have been successfully sending pop3 emails from my ipod touch by using the gmail outgoing server having added my pop3 address to my gmail settings.

I have just bought an Ipad air 2 and mirrored the settings on it. However every time I try to send emails from my pop3 address over gmail server it rejected it and puts a copy in my outbox. When I get home and log onto my Wireless it then send them.

I thought it is probably an outgoing server issue but as it still works fine on my ipod touch I don't understand.

Can anyone offer any help?

Thanks

Posted on Feb 3, 2016 2:21 AM

8 replies

Feb 4, 2016 5:34 AM in response to ShagCA

Yes that's exactly the case. My ipod outgoing server is set to the gmail smtp and I can send emails whether I am using the wifi at home or elsewhere. the recipient sees the address as my pop3 address and replies to it, so that the gmail email address doesn't show as I haven't shared that address with anyone.

My ipad outgoing smtp setting was the same gmail smtp but wouldn't send other than on my home wifi. I have also tried setting the ipad with both the pop3 smtp settings and gmail but still no luck. The only way I can successfully send an email on my ipad other than when at home is to send it from my gmail account email address which I would rather not share so that all my incoming emails arrive in my pop3 account.

Feb 12, 2016 2:20 AM in response to ShagCA

Originally when I first bought my iPad a couple of weeks ago I had the settings mirrored but couldn't send from my iPad when away from home. So I then set the outgoing servers for my iPad as my pop3 server as the primary and gmail as the secondary as it said if mail is unsuccessful using the primary server it will try the other smtp servers in succession. Turned off my home wifi turned on the Mobil data and tried again still not sending.

This morning in preparation for replying to you I wrote down all the mail settings on both my iPod and iPad, They were identical other than my iPod had only the gmail outgoing server and my iPad had both pop3 as primary and gmail as secondary. So I turned off the pop3 server leaving the gmail secondary as on and I was able to send from my iPad both using my home wifi and wifi off and mobile data on. Whoopee,!

I will now go out and try on my clubs wifi and see if it works there if so it would seem to now work; no idea why but it does.

WIll post again once test at my club

Sending pop3 emails from my Ipad Air 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.