Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't turn off icloud music library

iTunes is constantly telling me it needs me to relogin to my iCloud music library.

I don't have and don't want an iCloud music library.

I've searched on the forums for how to turn it off, and the answer is always to go to iTunes -> Preferences -> General

and turn off iCloud Music Library. But, there is no option for iCloud Music Library there or anywhere else in my iTunes

Preferences (I've checked every tab, not just General). How do I turn this off?

iTunes 12.3.2.35

Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.3

Mac mini, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Feb 3, 2016 6:24 AM

7 replies

Feb 3, 2016 7:55 AM in response to DharmaSystems

Does it specifically say "iCloud Music Library" in the message? If you don't have a subscription to Apple Music or iTunes Match, you don't have an iCloud Music Library. That probably explains why you don't have those preferences in iTunes.

The message may be from the iTunes Store, asking you to sign in using your Apple ID for some reason. If you are not currently signed in using your Apple ID, is there a reason you don't want to be signed in? If you sign in with your Apple ID in iTunes, that message may not come up (assuming you are not already).

I have both Apple Music and iTunes Match, so I my iTunes preferences may be different... Go to iTunes preferences Store pane. Do you have a setting to "show iTunes Store purchases" or words to that effect? Or, maybe it's the Automatic Downloads setting, if you have it set to automatically download Music (or other media types) purchased from other devices. Look for something that makes iTunes need to check your online iTunes account periodically.

Feb 3, 2016 11:02 AM in response to Kenichi Watanabe

It says "Your iCloud Music Library session has expired" so obviously I must have been logged into

iCloud Music at some point. However, I have no music on the machine and have never had any,

so I don't know how that would be the case.

I went to Preferenes -> Store and the only thing set was Download high-quality SD videos.

I've unchecked that and will see if it comes up again.

thanks for the ideas

Feb 20, 2016 6:28 AM in response to DharmaSystems

Dharma, I'm in the same boat!

For months now, this ridiculous, pestering message has appeared-- and re-appeared.

It's just one more glitch, alas, in an never ending piling up of OS glitches! Please Apple fix this... (and, yes, I have given Apple feedback on this--several times--to no avail!)

Anyone have any bright ideas?! There are plenty of us getting bugged by or hit by this bug! 😁

Can't turn off icloud music library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.