Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why did I get 'activation required'?

Using a version 9.2.1 iPhone6 I woke up at 2am, tried to verify that my alarm was set for 8am, and got an 'activation required' message.

Why?

I had to go downstairs, boot my laptop and look up my password to get back into the iPhone.

So, why did I get the 'activation required' message?

It's annoying and concerning. I expect the phone to be available when I need it.

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Feb 3, 2016 5:39 AM

3 replies

Feb 4, 2016 6:41 AM in response to TJBUSMC1973

Thanks. As far as further details, I got nuthin. It was 2am...I went ballistic when I saw the message and proceeded to find the info needed, w/o copying down any details about the message.

It was followed over the next day with repeated prompts to log in to iTunes. Trying to shut this off I looked around in Settings. The only thing likely I found was the option to turn off the iTunes app icon, which I chose. The app icon is still present, but the login requests have stopped.

An annoying episode - I hate chatty, intrusive, self-important software - but I'm hoping it was transient and will not repeat.

Feb 10, 2016 9:26 PM in response to johncla

Just did the same thing to me. Activation Required... and locked the iphone6 also running 9.2.1. Typed in itunes password, walked through original setup screens - set phone password, etc... when finished went to original state prior to locking me out. As Johncla said - way to go Apple - what if I was not sitting in my office with access to passwords...

why did I get 'activation required'?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.