Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio component xml bug with multicam clips

I've got a timeline/ project with a 30 min show that is comprised of an edited 5 angle multicam clip. Most of the editing is within the audio components for each of these angles.

I’m editing the audio by creating a selection on audio components and either disabling that area or deleting the area.

See picture here:

User uploaded file

After a show is edited we export the project to Kollaborate and create an xml so we can have it interact with Marker Import, part of the Kollaborate suite of apps.

Marker Import lets us marry notes made to our edit in Kollaborate with to do markers in FCPX projects via xml. Pretty darn cool!

Alas nothing is perfect.

After importing the new project xml from Marker Import, I noticed the following problems:

• all audio components are disabled
  • even though these audio components are now disabled, we can still hear the audio?!

• edits made within the audio components are now missing

User uploaded file

It’s not Marker Import causing this. I did a test where I just exported a project xml from FCPX and then reimported it back into FCPX. This causes the same bug described above. So I’ve eliminated Marker Import as the culprit.

I’ve traced the bug to FCPX xml not honoring audio edits made to audio components when disabling areas using a selection.

If I make the same audio edits either by blading the area I want to “turn off” by disabling the components in the bladed area or just by adjusting the volume, the FCPX xml honors those types of changes.

I've also narrowed this down to just multicam clips, regular clips retain their audio component edits.

Can anyone else confirm this as a bug?

Final Cut Pro X, OS X El Capitan (10.11.2)

Posted on Feb 3, 2016 7:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2016 9:19 AM

Yes.

Please post a report to feedback. Might include a link to this thread.

4 replies

Audio component xml bug with multicam clips

Welcome to Apple Support Community
    A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.