Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple mouse connection problems

I am having problems making connection and then keeping a connection with bluetooth between my mac-mouse to my laptop.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 3, 2016 6:46 AM

11 replies

May 14, 2016 8:49 AM in response to Railson_2

WARNING!! Be sure you have a non-bluetooth mouse handy when you do this!

My Mac mouse was losing signal frequently so I tried the recommendation while it was working. I clicked "Turn Bluetooth Off" and then clicked "Turn Bluetooth On." But - DUH! - once bluetooth was off, clicking "Turn Bluetooth On" did nothing at all!

Fortunately my wife reminded me that I have a wired mouse in my odds and ends drawer - always a good idea anyway - so I was able to plug it in and turn Bluetooth back on. But there was a moment of panic.

Now we'll see if the original problem got solved.

May 26, 2016 6:25 AM in response to Railson_2

I tried a number of fixes from various tech support pages, including here and gave up.

As I do not like some of the functionality of the built in touchpad, I took the wired Apple mouse from my ancient iMac.

As soon as I plugged it into the MacBook the connection to the Magic Mouse was restored!

(an original Magic Mouse, not the Magic Mouse 2, on a MacBook Pro Retina, mid-2012 with OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.5)

apple mouse connection problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.