Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to stop Logic from automatically adding Volume/Pan midi events

Hello,

How can I stop Logic Pro X from automatically adding volume/pan events whenever I cut a clip in two?

I have a volume/pan event at the start of each track and sometimes I just want to insert new midi events in-between the existing ones, so I cut the clip, move the second part to the right and record or paste my new events.

The problem is that LPX is automatically inserting volume/pan events at the beginning of the cut clip and then, when I rejoin these clips, I have a lot of unwanted volume/pan events

How can I stop it from doing this?

LPX version is 10.2.1

Thank you!

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), 15'', Late-2011

Posted on Feb 3, 2016 7:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 5:42 AM

Just figured it out myself 🙂

Go to File - Project Settings - Midi and uncheck "Control change 7/10..." under the 'Send after loading project" section.

1 reply

How to stop Logic from automatically adding Volume/Pan midi events

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.