Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quicktime Pro

Hi, my Quicktime Pro registration key isn't being recognised. Trying to get any help from the delightfully bored folk at the Apple helpline was a total waste of my time - I'm trying to install a Windows version on my Toshiba ( I think I heard them growl down the phone).

Anyone got any ides how I can make this work before I go back and re but the software which I purchased less than a month ago!

Thanks.

windows laptop-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Feb 3, 2016 8:29 AM

2 replies

Feb 3, 2016 11:37 AM in response to snaithrunner

Make sure you're doing it "by the book"

Microsoft Windows

1. Install QuickTime 7 for Windows.
  2. Click the Start menu and choose QuickTime Player, or double-click the QuickTime Player shortcut on the desktop.
  3. Choose Edit > Preferences from the QuickTime Player menu bar.
  4. Click Register.
  5. Enter your name and QuickTime 7 Pro registration key exactly as they appear in the email you received from the Apple Online Store, then click Apply. Registration is complete when “QuickTime 7 Pro” appears below your registration key.

About QuickTime 7 Pro registration keys - Apple Support

with pictures > http://www.apple.com/quicktime/pro/unlock-win7.html

Interesting solution?

deanaoxo Jun 5, 2012 11:22 AM
in response to varjak paw

Here's what worked. So simple, as these things often are.

By simply deleting the space in the registration box without pasting over the words that appear, i was able to get it to accept it.

Weird.

So, i highlighted the text that showed up in the box. Deleted. Pressed tab twice. Deleted. typed my name. pasted in the reg # and voila!

Arggghhhhhhh, hours wasted.

thanks for trying to help!

Our good friend Jon reminds us...

Jon Walker Mar 8, 2013 5:12 AM
in response to Crazed Hermit

I copied and pasted both the Username and Registration Code into Quicktime Player 7 Registration window, and still got the invalid registration code message.

Assuming the key is for the correct platform, the copied and pasted name included any salutation and/or suffix used for your account purchase, and the copied and pasted key itself doesn't work, then contact Apple customer support and explain the problem. If the key was generated improperly and doesn't work, then Apple will normally refund your money and have you repurchase the key. While it doesn't happen very often, the key generation program has been know "glitch" on occasion in the past.

User uploaded file

Quicktime Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.