Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

does anyone know if os 10.6 will boot on a late 2015 iMac?

does anyone know if os 10.6 will boot on a late 2015 iMac

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015), OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Feb 3, 2016 9:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2016 5:30 AM

No, it will not.

8 replies

Feb 3, 2016 12:50 PM in response to mgtomko

If you must run SL on the 2015 mac, you can run Snow Leopard Server (not the Client version) in a VM such as VirtualBox or Parallels. Apple still sells SL Server for $20 if I recall correctly ... call 1-800-676-2775 (maybe they will transfer you) to get it.

But, as Allan Eckert said ... why do you need to run SL on a 2015 Mac?

Feb 4, 2016 7:20 AM in response to Allan Eckert

Well I'm a retired designer and I used to use Vectorworks 12 for cad drawings. Occasionally I like to print up old designs or work on other little projects. Updates to VW are out of my price range now, since I don't use it that often. So I've been using a SL Startup disk on my old Mac Pro to work in the program. I've just traded the old mac for a new 27" iMac and the disk wouldn't boot so, after the fact i kinda figured out that the new architecture may not work with SL. I really appreciate your response. Thanks Allan

Feb 4, 2016 7:21 AM in response to steve359

Well I'm a retired designer and I used to use Vectorworks 12 for cad drawings. Occasionally I like to print up old designs or work on other little projects. Updates to VW are out of my price range now, since I don't use it that often. So I've been using a SL Startup disk on my old Mac Pro to work in the program. I've just traded the old mac for a new 27" iMac and the disk wouldn't boot so, after the fact i kinda figured out that the new architecture may not work with SL. I really appreciate your response, and will look into your suggestions. Thanks Steve

Feb 9, 2016 8:45 AM in response to mgtomko

As Steve359 suggested to you, if Vectorworks 12 is a PowerPC application it should work in Snow Leopard Server installed into a virtualization program such as Parallels:

User uploaded file

[click on image to enlarge]

Apple is now selling Snow Leopard Server for $19.99 + sales tax & shipping costs at 1.800.MYAPPLE (1.800.692.7753) - Apple Part Number: MC588Z/A (telephone orders only).

Installing Snow Leopard Server into Parallels for DUMMIES:

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/installing-snow-leopard-and-rosetta-into-par allels-7-in-lion.1365439/page-23#post-17285039

does anyone know if os 10.6 will boot on a late 2015 iMac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.