Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

songs cannot be added to ipod "%1$S" because all of it's space has been reserved for data.

Hello,

i am experiencing this problem with itunes but I can add and delete songs, however, the problem is it doesnt tell me the battery percent as it only states "Remote".

How would I go fixing this problem, I have tried repair on control panel but not been solved. What can I do?

Posted on Feb 3, 2016 11:35 AM

3 replies

Feb 6, 2016 6:41 PM in response to NicholasF1

The following steps should resolve issues around syncing, assuming all of the content you want is in your library.

(If it isn't see Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device)

1. Backup device.
  2. Restore as a new device.
  3. Restore the backup you made earlier.

N.B. A feature introduced with iOS 9 referred to as app thinning or app slicing allows each device to download only the code and resources needed by that device, resulting in smaller downloads and better use of storage on the device. As a consequence the device no longer holds the universal version of the app that could be installed on any device so transferring apps is no longer supported. Hopefully Apple will make some changes to the way this works, but in the meantime you can download past purchases from iTunes and/or enable automatic downloads of app purchases to make sure that iTunes always has the apps that you want on your device. As long as you make sure all apps are present and updated in iTunes before attempting a restore there should be no loss of data. I can't confirm, but it seems a recent update means that all data is restored and apps that are not in the library are queued for download from the iTunes Store over Wi-Fi, in a similar fashion to the way restore from iCloud works.

tt2

songs cannot be added to ipod "%1$S" because all of it's space has been reserved for data.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.