Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Slow internet latency

My Macbook Pro suddenly seems to lag in beginning to load web pages. When I run a speed test, download and upload are very fast and latency is 24-30 ms. But sometimes the test fails to start at all when it's measuring latency. There's a noticeable lag before pages begin to load. I've compared to a Macbook Air on the same wifi network and the Pro definitely seems more laggy. Any suggestions?

I tried checking DNS and did notice that there is a second DNS listed with a much longer, weird address (260:500:c100:fc4 and so on). This does not appear on the Air.

I've restarted, no difference.

Posted on Feb 3, 2016 1:04 PM

3 replies

Feb 4, 2016 9:00 AM in response to Eric Root

Weirdly, that extra DNS is grayed out and can't be selected. However, I think my problem got fixed sort of by accident. This morning we woke up to no Internet at all, and Comcast had me reboot our Airport router. That not only brought connectivity back but seemingly fixed the lag times. If it happens repeatedly, I guess we may need a new router. Thanks!

Slow internet latency

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.