Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook air will not work on wifi

Hi

I'm overseas with work for 3months and I'm staying in a serviced apartment with wi-fi provided for the building.

My Macbook Air will not work on the wi-fi. On Chrome I get the following message 'ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED' , Firefox is 'Server not found' and Safari just doesn't load. It sometimes eventually loads but does not download the website properly.

My iPhone and work laptop (a lenovo) work fine on the wi-fi and my mac works fine when I hotspot off my phone.

I don't have access to the modem to reset it or anything.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I've spent hours reading through forums trying to fix it but nothing will work!

Thanks

MacBook Air, OS X El Capitan (10.11.2)

Posted on Feb 3, 2016 12:55 PM

4 replies

Feb 4, 2016 12:37 PM in response to isobelc

Please start up in Recovery mode. In the OS X Utilities screen, select Get Help Online. A clean copy of Safari will launch. No plugins, such as Flash, will be available. While in Recovery, you'll have no access to your saved bookmarks or passwords, so make a note of those before you begin, if they're needed for the test.

Test. After testing, restart as usual and post the results.

Macbook air will not work on wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.