Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot get Aperture to work after updating OS to 10.11.3

I tried to update my Early 2011 MacBook Pro to 10.11.3 and afterwards Aperture would not work at all, Initially it said my copy was unregistered (it wasn't in the earlier OS). I couldn't get it to work so I reverted to the earlier OS - in my case 10.8.5.

Has anyone else had a similar issue?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 3, 2016 2:00 PM

9 replies

Feb 7, 2016 8:05 AM in response to NobleSV

You cannot update Aperture any longer using the updates tab of the App Store. You can only update by reinstalling from your purchased history. If your Aperture version is not registered with the AppStore, because you bought it on a DVD or downloaded the Trial, you can only update to Aperture 3.6 with the help of the App Store Support, see this user tip:

Updating to Aperture 3.6 After the Release of Photos

Feb 7, 2016 10:05 AM in response to Lanny

If the search engine for the forums were better, you'd have a point, Lanny, but as it is now, it is easier to ask a question than to continue searching.

And the user tip section is completely hidden. Nobody will come across the related user tips, unless the know, that we have to happen /content to the URL of the Aperture forum.

I'm glad, if someone is asking instead of turning away in disgust, when the search does not turn up anything.

Feb 7, 2016 10:27 AM in response to Lanny

Try the ASC main entry page, Lanny. If you do not enter ASC using a backdoor, you will be forced to start a search, never find anything, and then directly be catapulted into posting a question:

User uploaded file

There are so few questions about Aperture recently, why send them away? Usually we are busy with relocating iPhone questions, or AppleID questions to there respective forums. 😁

Feb 7, 2016 10:58 AM in response to Lanny

The issue is, that we are compelled into submitting a question if the first attempt to ask did not result in a suitable answer to he first way you entered your question. We are not even encouraged to rephrase the question. I tested with the question in the title of the discussion. And the forum software encouraged me to submit the question. This is the way the software is working since the update last year, unfortunately.

Cannot get Aperture to work after updating OS to 10.11.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.