Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

using a macbook pro and IMAC (both El Capitan) - work done and saved to iCloud can't be accessed from IMAC - why and whats the fix?

I'm accessing iCloud from two devices (1 x macbook pro & 1 x IMAC, both OS X El Capitan) - the work done on the macbook pro is saved to iCloud but i can't access it from the IMAC. There is no dotted cloud symbol next to the folders - why can't I access the work ?

Posted on Feb 3, 2016 3:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2016 3:43 PM

What type of work and how did you go about saving the document to iCloud.

6 replies

Feb 7, 2016 4:37 PM in response to Winston Churchill

Sorry for delay in responding.....macbook pro needed the hard drive replaced and i think that may have contributed to delay in sync iCloud drive (?).....anyway I can now access the iCloud drive from the IMAC and the macbook pro with all files being there...

Had another symbol appear next to the include drive morning - a lightning bolt inside the iCloud symbol - i guess that means some kind of syncing issue as well (searching online there doesn't seem a legend to tell you what the symbols mean)...

I appreciate your help & thanks for your assistance Winton...

Regards Brian

using a macbook pro and IMAC (both El Capitan) - work done and saved to iCloud can't be accessed from IMAC - why and whats the fix?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.