Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error Msg: when syncing new iPhone 6+ requires newer version of iTunes

I have a Mac Desktop Mac OS.X 10.7.5. and iTunes version 12.2.2. I am getting an error message that I need the newer version of iTunes. I do a Software Update for iTunes and it says I have the latest version. Yet, I cannot sync my new iPhone bc of the error message.

Any help would be appreciated.

iMac (20-inch Late 2006), Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Feb 3, 2016 3:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2016 3:12 PM

josephpio97 wrote:

I have a Mac Desktop Mac OS.X 10.7.5. and iTunes version 12.2.2. I am getting an error message that I need the newer version of iTunes. I do a Software Update for iTunes and it says I have the latest version. Yet, I cannot sync my new iPhone bc of the error message.

The latest version of iTunes is 12.3.2, and it requires a later version of OS X. The latest version of iOS requires the latest version of iTunes. See the requirements for the Mac version of iTunes.

Mac System Requirements

• Mac computer with an Intel processor
  • To play 720p HD video, an iTunes LP, or iTunes Extras, a 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or faster processor is required
  • To play 1080p HD video, a 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or faster processor and 2GB of RAM is required
  • Screen resolution of 1024x768 or greater; 1280x800 or greater is required to play an iTunes LP or iTunes Extras
  • Broadband Internet connection to use Apple Music, the iTunes Store, and iTunes Extras
  • Apple combo drive or SuperDrive to create audio, MP3, or back-up CDs; some non-Apple CD-RW recorders may also work. Songs from the Apple Music catalog cannot be burned to a CD.

• OS X version 10.8.5 or later, Apple Music requires OS X version 10.9.5 or later
  • 400MB of available disk space
  • Apple Music, Apple Music Radio, iTunes in the Cloud, and iTunes Match availability may vary by country
  • iTunes Extras require OS X version 10.10.3 or later
5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2016 3:12 PM in response to josephpio97

josephpio97 wrote:

The latest version of iTunes is 12.3.2, and it requires a later version of OS X. The latest version of iOS requires the latest version of iTunes. See the requirements for the Mac version of iTunes.

Mac System Requirements

• Mac computer with an Intel processor
  • To play 720p HD video, an iTunes LP, or iTunes Extras, a 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or faster processor is required
  • To play 1080p HD video, a 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or faster processor and 2GB of RAM is required
  • Screen resolution of 1024x768 or greater; 1280x800 or greater is required to play an iTunes LP or iTunes Extras
  • Broadband Internet connection to use Apple Music, the iTunes Store, and iTunes Extras
  • Apple combo drive or SuperDrive to create audio, MP3, or back-up CDs; some non-Apple CD-RW recorders may also work. Songs from the Apple Music catalog cannot be burned to a CD.

• OS X version 10.8.5 or later, Apple Music requires OS X version 10.9.5 or later
  • 400MB of available disk space
  • Apple Music, Apple Music Radio, iTunes in the Cloud, and iTunes Match availability may vary by country
  • iTunes Extras require OS X version 10.10.3 or later

Error Msg: when syncing new iPhone 6+ requires newer version of iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.