Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing audiobooks

I've bought 6 audiobooks from itunes store in the last year or so. Four of the books are now missing from my library. I thought I was backing them up but apparently I wasn't. Now itunes wants me to purchase them again!!! That's insane. I contacted Blackstone Audio and they agreed with me. Itunes is trying to tell me that Blackstone removed the books from their store but those books are still available for purchase. Now itunes tells me it's my fault for not backing them up. Maybe so, but NOWHERE do I see a warning that if you don't back up your books itunes may take them back. That's like Macy's coming into my home and taking the shoes I bought there! If itunes had warned me this may happen I would have made sure they were backed up. I'm thinking about contacting my attorney about a class action suit since I see in the forums that this happens a lot! Anyone else have this problem?

PC, Windows XP

Posted on Feb 3, 2016 4:08 PM

6 replies

Feb 4, 2016 12:32 AM in response to Bashaw

Nothing has been stolen, you failed to take a backup. The store's terms (terms that you agreed to) tell you that you might not be able to redownload items and that you may want to back them up : http://www.apple.com/legal/internet-services/itunes/us/terms.html#SERVICE

As you may not be able to subsequently download certain previously-acquired iTunes Eligible Content, once you download an item of iTunes Eligible Content, it is your responsibility not to lose, destroy, or damage it, and you may want to back it up.

Missing audiobooks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.