Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture bug

Good evening,

I write to call for help ...

Found of photography, I use Aperture 3.0 software for 5 or 6 years. No less than 42,000 photos, a lot of post-processing (crop, levels, vignetting, key words, classification ...)

You can imagine how the announcement last year that Apple abandoned Aperture killed me!

Neverming, I like the interface so much, I'll continue using the great software, just no update anymore... However :

For 3 or 4 months, some bugs appear, 1,2 and 3 and more and more serious:

1 / Cropping pictures, on the photo display, appears occasionally a white frame (only on an angle)... invisible on the thumbnails and the file "exported".

2 / vignetting: the vignetting > Gamma tool (I often dark corners).

The setting is "inverted", ie that the more I increase the intensity with the slider, the more it brightens the corners instead of the opposite. So all my pictures already set "vignetted" are now displayed with their clear corners! (Export files and miniatures, corners are dark)

3 / Curves / Levels: (worst) the setting is disorderly too! I regularly use the Enhanced Automatic tool (magic wand) that plays on the curves, I also play on the levels. 1 month ago, viewing my photos, after 1 second, malfunctions and the picture becomes completely burnt. The big problem is that this maladjustment is also present on the exported file !!

This is relatively worrying because we know that Apple will not care of problems on an "old software" discontinued ... I wonder if I am the only one to resist and insist to use Aperture, and if not, am I the only one to see such failures that cause catastrophic on years of work / photo ...

FYI, I repaired / restored / reinstalled and nothing worked.

Ideas ? how to get feedback from Apple?

(Yes, I think about forced move to Lightroom but I should already be able to export reworked pictures faithful to the work done)

In advance, thank you for your feedback ...

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), Core 2 Duo, 8GB RAM

Posted on Feb 3, 2016 4:00 PM

3 replies

Feb 9, 2016 2:30 PM in response to léonie

Leonie,

Thanks for your return. Sorry for mistake, I'm actually using Aperture version 3.6, the latest as far as I know.

I thought that these bugs could be caused by update of Mac OS from Yosemite to Capitan. but I tried to open my library on another macbook pro equipped with Yosemite but bugs are similar...

Please help !

Feb 9, 2016 2:53 PM in response to Juliendg

1 month ago, viewing my photos, after 1 second, malfunctions and the picture becomes completely burnt. The big problem is that this maladjustment is also present on the exported file !!

Are you using the option "View > Onscreen Proofing ⇧⌥P"? Then disable it. Onscren Proofing is not working well in Aperture 3.6.

If you disable it, previously edited photos should retun to normal, but you will have ti check your newer edits, if they are correct.

Aperture bug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.