Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook suddenly started running slow

Reading this thread: My MacBook suddenly started running slow

I followed instructions from Linc Davis to post the following as produced by the Terminal app and using the command:

syslog -k Sender kernel -k Message CReq 'Channel t|GPU D|I/O|find tok|n Cause: -' | tail | open -ef

The following was kicked out ...

Jan 29 06:47:19 Kristis-MacBook-Pro kernel[0] <Notice>: Previous shutdown cause: -60

Jan 30 10:01:18 localhost kernel[0] <Notice>: Previous shutdown cause: -60

Jan 30 10:19:49 Kristis-MacBook-Pro kernel[0] <Notice>: SSanadnbdobxox: : Sandboxmdmwdowrokrekre(r(: 38838)5md woden) y(d1e)n y(f1)i lef-irleea-dr-edaatark d/Ap-daplticaat i/oAns/ppClialceatindar.apop/Cns/onCatelnentdasrer.(/Mapp/acO38S/CCona7)lteentn sd/MaacOrS/

Jan 30 10:19:57 Kristis-MacBook-Pro kernel[0] <Notice>: SSaandndbobox: x: mmdwodrwkeorkrer((385387) ) dendeyny((1) 1) fifillee-read-r-dateaad- d/Aatppal icati/Applionscati/oGansme /GaCentme er.Capenp/Contetern.ats/pMacpOS

Jan 30 22:52:48 Kristis-MacBook-Pro kernel[0] <Notice>: nspace-handler-unblock: did not find token 11211

Feb 3 07:16:39 localhost kernel[0] <Notice>: Previous shutdown cause: -60

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011), OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Feb 3, 2016 5:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2016 12:47 PM

There have been several abnormal shutdowns in the last few days. A negative shutdown code may indicate a hardware problem. The precise meaning of the codes is not publicly documented.

If you haven't already done so, you can try resetting the System Management Controller. Otherwise, or if the reset has no effect, see below.

Make a "Genius" appointment at an Apple Store, or go to another authorized service provider. You may have to leave the machine there for several days.

Back up all data on the internal drive(s) before you hand over your computer to anyone. There are ways to back up a computer that isn't fully functional—ask if you need guidance.

If privacy is a concern, erase the data partition(s) with the option to write zeros* (do this only if you have at least two complete, independent backups, and you know how to restore to an empty drive from any of them.) Don’t erase the recovery partition, if present.

Keeping your confidential data secure during hardware repair

Apple also recommends that you deauthorize a device in the iTunes Store before having it serviced.

*An SSD doesn't need to be zeroed.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 4, 2016 12:47 PM in response to alligatorgar

There have been several abnormal shutdowns in the last few days. A negative shutdown code may indicate a hardware problem. The precise meaning of the codes is not publicly documented.

If you haven't already done so, you can try resetting the System Management Controller. Otherwise, or if the reset has no effect, see below.

Make a "Genius" appointment at an Apple Store, or go to another authorized service provider. You may have to leave the machine there for several days.

Back up all data on the internal drive(s) before you hand over your computer to anyone. There are ways to back up a computer that isn't fully functional—ask if you need guidance.

If privacy is a concern, erase the data partition(s) with the option to write zeros* (do this only if you have at least two complete, independent backups, and you know how to restore to an empty drive from any of them.) Don’t erase the recovery partition, if present.

Keeping your confidential data secure during hardware repair

Apple also recommends that you deauthorize a device in the iTunes Store before having it serviced.

*An SSD doesn't need to be zeroed.

My MacBook suddenly started running slow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.