Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just bought a new iPhone 6s Plus. I want to back it up to the iCloud but I have about 300 apps from my previous phone do not want to restore on my new phone. How do I get rid of them

I have an old iPhone 5 that has about 300 apps on it which my grandson used. I just bought me new iPhone 6 Plus and I would like to back up my phone using iCloud, but I do not want to put these 300 apps on my new phone. How do I get rid of the apps in the iCloud so they won't be backed up on my new phone ? I'm using iOS 9.2 and iTunes 14. Thanks !! Sally

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 3, 2016 5:55 PM

1 reply

Feb 3, 2016 5:58 PM in response to Sallyleigh

If you have already set up the new iPhone 6S Plus where it is working how you want it to (you can make calls, etc.) then all you have to do is go to Settings, iCloud (Sign In if your not already), then go to backups and make sure its turned on. Backing up will not restore anything for your old phone to this new one. Only when you first set up the new iPhone do you get a screen that asks you if you want to restore from a backup. After a while, you might want to delete your iPhone5's backup form iCloud. You can do this right for your iPhone 6S Plus in Settings, iCloud, Storage, Manage Storage. Hope that helps.

I just bought a new iPhone 6s Plus. I want to back it up to the iCloud but I have about 300 apps from my previous phone do not want to restore on my new phone. How do I get rid of them

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.